Water is an essential part of the make up of the human body. It keeps us healthy by protecting our vital organs, it flushes waste from our system, regulates our body temperature, helps in the removal of toxins and waste and it keeps us in overall good health. The fact is, without water our body simply stops functioning and it can lead to minor and severe health problems.
Water is the dieters dream. If you are experiencing difficulty in losing weight, check that you are drinking enough water.
Check that you are doing the following to complement your diet and to ensure you are successful.
1. Drink at least six to eight glasses of water a day.
2. Have a glass of water before each meal. This helps the stomach to digest the food you eat and it also fills you up quicker with zero calories so you eat less.
3. Get into the habit of carrying a chilled bottle of water with you when you leave the house. This will stop impulse buying of fizzy drinks when you are out.
4. Instead of skulling water sporadically throughout the day have small amounts often.
5. Drink water before, during and after exercise.
If you are not to keen on the taste of water, add some freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice to it to give it a touch of flavour. This is also a great way to give your skin a boost.
Drinking water may just be the boost you need to kick start your weight loss.